Global Gluten-Free Products Market worth USD 15.2 Billion by the end of forecast period 2021-2027
The global gluten-free products market is expected to be driven by rising consumer expenditure on healthy foods and an increasing number of celiac disease patients.
The Global Gluten-Free Products Market was valued at USD 8.2 Bn in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 15.2 Bn by 2027, with a growing CAGR of 9.2% during the forecast period.
The global market is majorly growing owing to the rising number of celiac disease patients has prompted people to adopt a gluten-free diet which in turn is expected to drive the gluten-free products market growth. The introduction of high standards of living and healthy lifestyles, as well as a disrupted work-life balance, are projected to propel the market. For instance, according to International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences, in India, nearly 2 million children under the age of five are likely to have celiac disease. Celiac disease accounts around 4% of all diarrheal deaths in children.
Moreover, various laws implemented by the governments for these products are anticipated to drive the demand for gluten-free products. From 20th July 2016 onwards, Regulation (EC) No 41/2009 compelled the Commission to convert its requirements to Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011Search for accessible translations of the previous linked regulation on the supply of food information to consumers. Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011 establishes guidelines for the mandatory labelling of allergic or intolerance-causing components, such as gluten-containing compounds, in all foods. To guarantee clarity and uniformity, it was decided that all gluten-related restrictions should be governed by the same piece of legislation. Such government initiatives support the people suffering from celiac disease as well as irritable bowel syndrome for ingredient identification
Global Gluten-Free Products Market by Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021-2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
In terms of geography, Europe dominated the regional market for gluten-free products market. There are specialized organizations which provide custom tailored foods for people suffering from celiac diseases. For instance, in Europe, National Associations from 19 European nations (including the majority of EU Member States) are SNE members, and its members are enterprises that produce custom-made dietary solutions for populations with particularly specific nutritional demands. Infants and young children, patients under medical supervision, athletes, overweight and obese consumers, and persons with celiac disease are among them.
Additionally, in Asia-Pacific, veganism and organic gluten-free foods were also popular in previous years. India's market share and market potential were vastly different. According to analysts and market share estimates, barely 0.5-2 percent of the market has been captured thus far. The lack of gluten-free product diagnosis was a major factor supporting the market growth
The Global Gluten-Free Products Market Segmentation:
Global Gluten-Free Products Market by Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021-2027)
- Dairy Products
- Cereals & Snacks
- Bakery & confectionary products
- Pizzas & pastas
- Condiments & spices
Global Gluten-Free Products Market by Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021-2027)
- Restaurants & Hotels
- Educational Institutions
Global Gluten-Free Products Market by Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021-2027)
- Retail Stores
- Hypermarkets / Supermarkets
- Specialty stores
- Online Platforms
- Based on type, the bakery & confectionary products segment held the largest market share for the year 2020 and is anticipated to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period
- Based on application, Restaurants & Hotels, accounted for the largest market share in 2020, followed by educational institutions
- In terms of distribution channel ,Supermarkets segment held the largest market share in the year 2020
- Based on regions, Europe is anticipated to hold a largest market throughout the forecast period in the market analysis
Company Profiles and Competitive Intelligence
The key players operating in the gluten-free products market are:
- Pinnacle Foods Group LLC
- Forno d Asolo
- Hero Group
- Dr. Schär AG / SPA
- The Kraft Heinz Company
- Kellogg Co.
- Barilla G. e R. Fratelli S.p.A
- Goldbelly, Inc.
- BOULDER BRANDS, INC
- Enjoy Life Foods
- Freedom Foods
- Mondelez International
- BFree Foods
- Bob’s Red Mill
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Crown Prince
- Eat Smart Snacks
- Jessica’s Natural Foods
- Fody Foods
- Heavenly Waffles
- In July 2021, Kellogg's Australia introduced a new gluten-free cereal called "Coco Pops Gluten Free," which is made of puffed rice with cocoa coating. Coco Pops Gluten-Free was created with an intend to meet the breakfast cereal demands of gluten intolerance or allergy sufferers, as well as health-conscious persons wishing to reduce gluten in their diets
- In January 2021, Oreo announced that gluten-free Oreos will be available in stores soon. The gluten-free cookies will be offered in normal and Double Stuff types “wherever original Oreos are sold” as a permanent addition to the product range.